One of my favorite lattes that I’ve had from one of our favorite coffee shops, Brew Haha, is their Jack Frost Latte. Comprised of mint and white mocha, it tastes a little sweeter than a mocha mint latte and has a uniquely refreshing flavor. Since we haven’t been able to get our coffee-to-go fix on the weekend from Delaware due to our state restrictions strongly encouraging citizens to stay inside of the state, I’ve been working on trying to recreate the flavor I’ve loved at home. I think I came up with something that while isn’t exactly like the version I enjoy from there, is just as delicious!
- Coffee of your choice (I’d say about a measuring cup full of coffee or a shot of espresso)
- Oat Milk or Milk of Choice
- Whipped cream for topping
- Peppermint extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon of white chocolate chips
- Brew coffee of your choice.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a separate bowl by placing it in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a separate cup or small bowl, mix hot coffee or espresso with melted white mocha chips until finely mixed.
- Pour milk of choice into your cup over ice.
- Pour coffee/espresso with white chocolate chips into the cup over ice. Mix.
- Add whipped cream and enjoy!
If you’re not big on mint-flavored items, this latte recipe still tastes delicious without it. I tried it this morning without it and it tastes just as delicious. I will say that if you like yours to be even sweeter or if you’re using more coffee, you may want to add closer to 2 teaspoons of white mocha. However, the measurements I used provided a flavor for me that was quite tasty.
If you try it and like it, I’d love to know!
What’s a coffee recipe or drink you’ve enjoyed lately?