Yesterday was my birthday and I must admit that going into it I’ve felt pretty conflicting emotions. I am thankful to see another year of life, to have shelter and incredible family members/friends, for my husband and so much more. However, I would be amiss if I didn’t acknowledge the grief felt and the longing for justice.
We haven’t shared one of these in a while, but I figured now more and than ever, we should share some things that have brought us joy. This does not eliminate the real need for positive change and justice, nor does it dismiss the feeling of grief, but I’ve learned that highlighting the positive things can help to keep us going when we feel like all hope is lost.
- I’ve enjoyed some of our local restaurants, picking up food from there as a treat to ourselves during the week.
- We have been going on long drives with no destination in mind and I have enjoyed doing that. It gives us something to look forward to each week.
- We’ve been watching How to Get Away with Murder and were finally on Season 4 after starting two weeks ago. It’s safe to say we have been binge-watching Netflix a lot.
- We got a laser pointer for Kimi recently and it has been fun watching how excited she gets when we play with her with it.
- We tried Nutella Coffee from Kopi Latte in Northern Liberties and it was really delicious. They had take-out, so we drove down, grabbed a latte, and went on a short drive afterward.
- I have been encouraged by the worldwide solidarity regarding anti-racism. It seems like more people are becoming aware of this being something we should pursue.
- This thread sharing about all of the things that local protests have resulted in. Hopefully, this is a sign of important and positive changes to come.
- This list of black-owned businesses in Philadelphia! I recognize a couple of them as being some shops we’ve had the joy of trying.
- Speaking of black-owned lists, this thread of home decor items created by black men and women is definitely something that piqued my interest. I’m excited to check out these stores to purchase some items such as this paint company!
- I’ve been following along with A Glass of Bovino and their bathroom reno. So far things are coming along and I am looking forward to the finished product as I love her designs!
- Kelly’s basement playroom is so swoon-worthy. I love her living room, too!
- This blog post from Annaliese featuring some of her favorite recipes that she’s been making at home!
- Our blog made it to the list of Top 25 Philadelphia Lifestyle Blogs to follow by Feedspot!
- My coffee of the day recently has resulted in some delicious creations that I cannot wait to share with you. While there’s a new recipe on board, here’s the category for some of my favorites at home.
- Watching shows that I haven’t watched before such as How to Get Away with Murder. I know I am about five seasons too late, but it’s really good so far.
- Since we haven’t been able to enjoy BrewHaha coffee like we normally do, we have been purchasing from their roaster, Brandywine Coffee Roasters a lot this month.
- We’re hopefully going on a drive this weekend as we planned as a part of my birthday celebrations. I originally had something planned, so since those plans did not come to pass due to things happening right now, we’re making do with what we can do at the moment.
- I’ve been looking at decks because a little birdie shared with me that they’re actually pretty inexpensive depending on the size. Since our house isn’t super wide, I’m debating getting one in the future that comes off the kitchen for added space since we don’t have a formal dining area and a private sitting space.
- Delaware restaurants are reopening safely practicing social distancing, so we will get to safely visit our favorite Delaware establishments and have BrewHaha again!
- I finally finished adding photographs and prints to our living room wall. I’m also working on a couple of minor things that I will eventually share on the blog once it’s finished.