Wanna know an easy way to froth milk for your coffee and lattes without a frothing machine? You’ll love this quick and easy recipe!
How to Froth Milk for Your Coffee
That’s a lot of “froths” in one sentence, but since I’ve been sharing more of my coffee of the day recipes on our Instagram page, I’ve noticed that I have begun to receive a couple of questions about everything from what brewer we’d recommend to the details on what we’ve made. What I’ve realized since sharing a few recipes is that quite a few of you aren’t exactly sure how to make froth without a frother.
Although I typically use my frother that comes with my coffee brewer, before I had one, whenever I’d plan coffee nights for work or want something a little special at home, I’d make it myself. No fancy expensive machine, just a whisk, some heavy cream and whatever additional flavoring I wanted to add to it.
Today, I’m going to be sharing with you exactly how I’ve made froth without using a frothing device.
1. Heavy cream or milk substitute
2. Flavor extract of choice (optional)
3. Sugar (optional)
1. Pour about 3 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk substitute into a microwave safe jar.
2. Place it into the microwave for about 20 seconds. Depending on the settings on your microwave you made need longer or less. I’d recommend starting with increments of 10 and then testing the temperature of the milk until it’s warm/not hot.
3. Once warm, use a whisk and begin whisking the mixture until it’s frothed.
4. You can also place put a lid on the jar and shake it up for about 30 seconds for a similar consistency once the milk is warmed.
If you’re new to our blog and want some other coffee-related recipes and finds, feel free to view our cafe tag for some of our favorite cafes and browse some of our favorite recipes below!
OUR COFFEE-RELATED POSTS
What’s your favorite way to enjoy your coffee?