Are you struggling with all of the negative news right now? Here are some reads I’d recommend to hopefully encourage you.
I wasn’t going to write this for a number of reasons.
One of them was because I think I can speak for all of us that we did not expect this to happen. When January 1st hit, I did not expect that we would be here in March of 2020, trying to stop a virus from harming any more people than it already has around the world.
Another was because, with the news of the coronavirus pandemic, I didn’t want to appear like we were seeking to profit off of or benefit from what’s going on. What’s happening is terrible, scary, and there’s a lot of disinformation going around that is amplifying people’s fears. That’s not something to monetize or try to benefit from.
However, I then thought about how in the midst of all of this, I have been craving more positive news. I’ve been wanting something or some links that remind me that even though it feels like so much of the world as we’ve known it is changing before our eyes, that there’s still hope and good things happening out there. Something to give us to smile about in the midst of all of this.
I am not sure if you’ve been looking for this as well, but I figured I’d share with you some links, posts, and videos that are encouraging, positive, and hopefully a glimmer of hope in your day right now.
HAPPY READS & LINKS
News & Videos
- An Uber Eats style program that takes surpluses from events to feed the homeless.
- This thread someone created to try to crowdsource for those who are immunodeficient and at risk with supplies.
- Speaking kindness during this crisis, here’s a nice article sharing some of the other incredible things people are doing to help others during this time.
- She was struggling and going through a rough time, but the kindness of others helped her through it.
- Cat, meet mystery box.
- Italians singing outside their windows while quarantined in an act of solidarity with their neighbors.
- Did you know that Mexico built the first all 3D neighborhood? How cool is that?
- Curious to know what life is like in one of the coldest places on earth? These travel vloggers visited and are currently in Antarctica!
- The news that one of the temporary hospitals in Wuhan is closing because they went from $15,000 in one day cases of the virus to 15!
- This website highlighting some happy news around the world!
- This video of a Tik Toker (I feel old) showing Jimmy Fallon some of the various dances that kids these days are doing.
- For those of you who also love playing The Sims 4, there’s some good news that a pack might be coming soon!
- Justin Timberlake & Anderson .Paak sharing the meaning behind the lyrics to their upbeat, good vibes song, “Don’t Slack”.
- Speaking of Justin Timberlake, JT’s sharing about that one time Justin and Joey broke into Alcatraz.
- Personally, as a believer, I have been clinging a lot to the hope I have in Christ and the good news of salvation that exists because of Him. I’ve also really appreciated this post by Lore Wilbert regarding touch in the church.
- Audrey’s bookshelf tour is the first post I’ve seen like this! As a reader, I thoroughly enjoyed this. She also has great suggestions for some additional happy posts in her post sharing her experiences in Taiwan.
- These closet organizational tips, giving me some ideas to look forward to for trying to organize our own.
- A few encouraging words.
- I love that one of my personal favorite bloggers, Annaliese shared this cute collaboration between Vera Bradley and New Hope Girls organization. What a sweet way to support a great cause!
- Yay for new puppies!
- This post sharing tips for people who will be working from home for the next couple of weeks.
- This post by Jess, highlighting bloggers of every body type.
- What songs would you choose for your wedding? A Cup of Jo asks this very question.
- This sweet post from Taza making croissants with her kids!
We hope these posts have been as encouraging to you as they have been to us at this time. This upcoming week, we will go back to our regularly scheduled posts, but we felt it was really important to share some of the encouraging news we’ve seen on our feed lately – especially in a time like this. We hope that going forward in these difficult times, our blog can be a source of positivity for you and we pray that you’re okay, wherever you’re reading this from!
Are there some uplifting reads that you’ve read recently that you’d want to share? Feel free to link them below!