Living vicariously through some of our older photographs taken long before…you know
It’s officially September and I am just now realizing that we hadn’t published our Freshly Pressed Edit for last month. Whoops!
It’s been a bit hectic lately and now that the school year has officially started back up, we’re working on adjusting to this online setup that is a little different than in March when schools originally had to close. All that being said, I definitely miss being in the building and our students, but I know that this is what needs to be done in order to keep everyone safe until we can be back, safely. Couple that with the news of Chadwick Boseman and other things, it’s been hard on a lot of us, lately. I know that the past few weeks, in particular, have been very, very heavy.
We also found out that I may have developed lactose intolerance, which for a cheese lover like myself is definitely not the news I was hoping to hear. I’m going to try swapping a few things out of my diet and see how I feel until I can make it to a specialist, but based on the symptoms I’ve been having soon after eating cheese and whole milk, my husband’s convinced that’s what it is.
Well, remember when I said I couldn’t see myself being vegan because while I can easily give up meat, I can’t give up cheese?
Let’s move on to happier things – shall we?
- My wife and I have enjoyed watching this YouTube Channel that teaches people how to speak in what my wife calls the “South Philly Accent” that she grew up hearing. This channel isn’t very active anymore but enjoyed watching a few of the videos.
- Speaking of Philly accents, have you watched the latest episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives? In one of the episodes, Guy Fieri makes fun of the local accent. You can watch the whole episode for free here!
- We spent some time exploring Philly since the weather was nice. She had her camera while we walked around looking at some of the colonial homes in Old City.
- Definitely the Drive-Thru Safari we went on last month.
- I recently tried the Ricky Bobby sandwich at Maiale’s and it was really good.
- Going on drives has been one of our favorite things to do – especially now that we can’t do much else for fun, safely. I enjoyed driving through the mountains of Central PA for the day.
- Speaking of food, we tried the Wit or Witowski from Gaul & Co Malt House in Philadelphia and it was incredible. We found out about it while watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.
- Trinity Jae’s YouTube Channel has been bringing me so much laughter lately. She’s definitely my friend in my head.
- Krista’s apartment is so cute! I love the colors she chose and the ginger jars!
- I’ve never been to the Melting Pot, but this post by Victoria makes me want to go.
- This super helpful post by Jess sharing how you can Vote by Mail.
- This post by Ashley is one that is so timely and one that I relate to. I appreciate her willingness for publicly speaking it and I hope that it leads to a larger conversation about this!
- I loved Tomi’s Black-Owned Business Round Up!
- This Target Fall Finds post!
- Today’s my nephew’s birthday!! I can’t believe he’s already two years old!
- I started wearing eyeliner again because now that I am frequently doing Zoom sessions, I realized that I needed something to make my eyes look a little more awake for those morning meetings. I think it also just helps me feel a little more put together with my business up top, sweatpants, or leggings on the bottom looks.
- Newsies was incredible! We saw it for the first time on Disney+ and I loved it!
- Speaking of clothes, there’s been a lot of sales recently – like BIG sales – from a few stores, we tend to frequent. I purchased a couple of cozy but professional tops for my virtual presentations this fall for work and it is taking everything in me not to get more than that.
- The Drive-Thru Safari in Halifax, PA was pretty cool! My husband and I went for the first time together last month and we got pretty up close and personal with a few elk.